To educate endodontists who possess the knowledge and skills required to diagnose, understand the basis of, and adequately interpret, treat, alone or in concert with other dental and medical practitioners, endodontic situations and their related diseases, and to maintain the health of the attachment apparatus and integrity of the natural dentition.
- Objective 1. Provide the student with in-depth knowledge of relevant biomedical sciences as they correlate to the theory and practice of endodontics.
- Objective 2. Provide the student with a sufficient number of diagnostic, nonsurgical, and surgical clinical experiences that will result in proficiency in the practice of the full scope of the field of endodontics.
- Objective 3. Prepare the student to effectively treat medically compromised and special need patients.
- Objective 4. Provide the students with the opportunity to present and discuss their clinical cases with the endodontic faculty and fellow students, as well as with faculty and students in other dental disciplines.
To educate endodontists who possess the knowledge and skills to critically evaluate and apply current technological developments and research into their clinical practice of endodontics.
- Objective 5. Educate the student in the basic principles of research methodology, biostatistics, and data analysis, in order to ensure that students complete a meaningful research project, which is of publishable quality.
- 5a. Attract those individuals inclined to a career track that includes or is devoted to research in endodontic related areas.
- Objective 6. Prepare the students to critically evaluate the dental literature.
- Objective 7. Provide the student the opportunity to work with and evaluate new instruments and techniques.
- Objective 8. Provide the student the opportunities for continuing education and professional development after graduation.
- 8a. Attract and educate those individuals inclined to a career track in dental education and administration in endodontics.
Educate Endodontists to become Diplomates of the American Board of Endodontics.
- Objective 9. Provide the student with the knowledge and skills to successfully complete the board certification process.
- Objective 10. Provide the student with the incentive and support to successfully complete the board certification process.
- Objective 11. Provide the student the opportunity to take a mock board certification examination; written exam, case portfolio, and oral exam.
Educate sensitive and compassionate endodontists who will have successful careers in clinical practice, research, and/or education.
- Objective 12. Provide the student with information pertaining to pursuing a career in clinical practice, research and education and an ongoing quest for knowledge.
- Objective 13. Provide the student knowledge in patient and practice management.
- Objective 14. Provide the student an opportunity to conduct research.
- Objective 15. Provide the student with the training necessary to teach endodontics to dentists and dental students of all levels.