The College of Dental Medicine selects students based on application content, academic record, letters of recommendation, National Dental Board Examination scores (NDBE Part I) and personal interviews.
Prior to matriculation, applicants must have completed a D.M.D., D.D.S., or an equivalent degree.
The applicant should complete the following:
- Nova Southeastern University requires certain additional materials, including a supplemental application, to support the materials from the PASS application. Please note that the NSU admissions office will provide applicants with a link permitting access to completing and submitting the supplemental application only after the PASS application has been completed and received. NSU's postgraduate programs supplemental applications must be completed.
- an official transcript from each college, professional school, or university attended
- an official letter of graduation from the dean or designee of that institution supporting the granting of the dental degree from that institution
Coursework taken at international institutions must be evaluated for U.S. institution equivalence. This coursework must be evaluated by one of the services listed below. You should contact one of the following:
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 415070
Milwaukee, WI 53203
The applicant must arrange for the following to be sent to the Office of Admissions:
- Official National Board scores
Please request the secretary of the National Board of Dental Examiners to forward all scores of the dental board examination (Part I). The National Board is located at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, 60611. Applicants must have successfully completed Part I of the National Board Exam in order to be accepted into the program.
- Three letters of evaluation are required
They must be completed by dental school faculty members who are well acquainted with the applicant's abilities or by individuals who can provide information relevant to the applicant's potential. Upon receipt of the completed application and the required credentials, the director of each postdoctoral program, along with the committee on admissions, will select applicants for interview. Those selected will be notified in writing. Not all applicants will be granted an interview. All applicants who are admitted to the college must be interviewed, but an invitation to appear for an interview should not be construed as evidence of acceptance.
All materials should be sent to:
Enrollment Processing Services
Nova Southeastern University
3301 College Avenue-P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33314-9905