The Art of Resin
Saturday, 11/16/19 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
The Ultimate Hands-On Composite Course!
Limited Enrollment: 20 participants
The current one-day structure is a real maximization of hands-on elements. This is what people really want to experience on a hands-on resin course. Attendees will be immediately led into a unique hands-on 3D anatomy exercise to encourage their creative spirits. Short impactful lectures will be placed around the extensive forthcoming hands-on elements. To include live step by step instruction and looping instructional videos of each stage that have been prerecorded to ensure everyone is supported regardless of clinical speed.
The bespoke course booklets provided include in depth step by step photography of each procedure covered alongside inspiration, supporting research and top tips. These can be taken away and kept by attendees in their procedures. On completion of the course attendees will also gain private access to a series of online instructional videos and to support group.
The main aim of this course is to bring back the creativity and passion dentists have for resin and their work. To inspire and to motivate them to see the truly fulfilling side of resin and a chance to become part of an artistic movement within dentistry.
AM Session (9:00AM-12:00PM)
- Resin Introduction
- Learn Tooth Anatomy in 3D Hands on Sculpture
- Resin Materials/Matrices/Light and color
- Selecting Shade made simple-Shade Blur
- Invisible Class IV step by step simple vs complex
- Preparation Design
- Palatal Shell
- FCP- Flowable Contact Point
- Layer dentin and enamel precisely
- Simple 3 step enamel-gloss polishing technique
- Creating perfect line angles, mammelon grove, incisal edge anatomy
- Master surface detail
LUNCH ( Included) 12:00PM-1:00PM
PM Session (1:00PM-6:00PM)
- Resin Artistry
- Complex Class IV
- Controlled 3D layering
- Incisal Effects-opalescence, hypo calcifications, halo, translucency
- Direct Resin Veneer step by step
- When, where, how
- Single vs Multi-shade approach
- Ideal morphology
- Simple Isolation
- Maintenance Long term
Rhodri Thomas, BDS
Cosmetic & Restorative Dentist
Passionate about my profession, I strive to provide all my patients with quality service that meets their individual needs.
Rhodri graduated with honors from Cardiff University in 2014. He has gone on to be twice winner of Best Young Dentist under 35 at British Dentistry Awards. Last year Rhodri was selected by Dentistry magazine as a ‘Leader of the Future’. Before this, he was awarded the British Society of Prosthodontics Heraues Kulzer Prize for his research on tooth wear, Heart your Smile Champion for his volunteer work and now acts as a key opinion leader for Ivoclar and Zhermack.
Undeniably committed to his career, Rhodri believes it is also his background as an artist that has spurred on his love of aesthetic dentistry. As a landscape painter, his eye for color and composition transfers from the canvas into his dental work, recreating the natural landscapes of the mouth. He takes a minimally invasive, intuitive approach, creating life like restorations and contouring uncontrived smiles.
Rhodri lectures and teaches internationally on the subject of aesthetics, presenting at conferences across the globe and publishing articles in leading dental magazines. In conjunction with Cosmedent and Thrive Bioaesthetics, Rhodri is the Rebel Masterclass instructor for a worldwide online composite course. He is also co-founder of ‘Art2aesthetics’ a new series of unique training programs and aesthetic-based training courses for dentists. He believes every clinician has a natural creative ability inside of them and enjoys nothing more than helping to ignite it.
At the end of the program Attendees will gain:
- Unique understanding of 3D dental anatomy
- Mastery of key aesthetic principles
- Confidence in shade selection
- Understanding of how to use resin to truly recreate nature
- Mastery of simple and complex class IVs
- Understanding of direct resin veneers
- Understanding of a simple 3 step enamel gloss polishing technique
- Appreciating for the long-term maintenance of resin
Replace Content Here
Replace Content Here