Photography For The Dental Team
Saturday, 11/02/19 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Presentation For the Team Followed by Limited Hands-On Enrollment
Photographs are essential for comprehensive dental records
The presentation will cover basic photography and camera operation.
It will concentrate on capturing intra-oral photographs, destined to become part of the patient records.
The Hands-On Course will be available to 9 participants who have attended the morning session. Attendees will work in groups of three and will experience being the patient, the assistant and the photographer. Each will be required to have their own photographic equipment.
Topics will include:
- What is a photograph?
- Cameras and how they work.
- The setup and the settings for dental photography.
- Processing of photographs and backup.
- Legal matters.
- Utilization of photographs - records and practice building.
- General photography, art, tips and more.
8:30AM-9:00AM Registration & Continental Breakfast<></>
Dr. Stan Hack obtained his BDS from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, in 1974.
Following a year in London, UK, Stan opened a practice in Johannesburg in a shopping mall. He was a founder of the Pediatric Dental Society and NOMADS (NOn Medical Aid Dental Society). Stan was largely responsible for organizing Continuing Education Conferences in South Africa for 24 years.
After thirty-five years of practice, he emigrated to Florida to join his Family. An adjunct position at NSU CDM became a fulltime Assistant Professorship. Stan is a Simlab Coordinator, teaches in the Pre-Doctoral Clinic and is the sole instructor of Dental Photography.
Currently he is the President of the NSU CDM Faculty Council.
At the completion of this program, attendees will:
- Develop confidence while capturing images, especially for dental records.
REQUIRED MATERIALS FOR THOSE ATTENDING HANDS-ON SESSION
Camera plus Ring-Flash on 105mm macro LENS
Camera plus Twin-Flash on 105mm macro LENS
Glass Adult Occlusal Intra-Oral Mirror
Glass Lateral View Mirror
2x Wire Cheek and Lip Retractors
Intra-Oral Black Contrast Plate
- Spare batteries for flash and camera
- Memory card in camera
Hands-ON Session Limited to 9 attendees. To participate in hands-On session you must attend the morning lecture.
Each participant in the HANDS-ON course will be required to work with two other participants. Each will be required to bring all the equipment as listed above, suitably STERILIZED/DISINFECTED. Cameras can be shared if teams from a practice participate.
The mirrors, retractors and contrast plates will be used in their OWNER’S mouth – each participant will require a separate sterile set.
Each will be required to
- Be the patient
- Be the photographer
- Be the assistant
- Sign a “release” form to enable participation in the Hands-On Course
3200 South University Drive, Fort Lauderdale Florida 33328
Assembly Building 2 AUD 2-D 2nd Floor
- Using the HPD Parking garage to start, walk down the hallway to the first building immediately at your left. When inside walk down the hallway and make a left at the elevator. Take the elevator to the second floor, make a right then down the hallway to the room labeled AUD II-D. Directional signs will be placed.