Tuition and Fees
Incoming International Dental Graduate (IDG) students for 2015 will enroll at the end of the 2014-15 academic year (Summer 2015). Estimated tuition for the 2015 Summer term is $21,075. This does not include fees and books. Estimated tuition for 2015-16 (IDG) is $64,175. An amount of $21,391.67 is paid per term (Fall, Winter, Summer) unless the IDG student is a graduating student ($32,087.50 for Fall and Winter).
A microscope/lab fee of $125 per year is required of all students. A Health Professions Division general access fee of $145 is required each year. An NSU student services fee of $1,000 is also required annually. All tuition and fees are subject to change by the board of trustees without notice.
Acceptance/Pre-registration Fee $2,000. This fee is required to reserve the accepted applicant's place in the entering first-year international dental graduate class. This advance payment will be deducted from the tuition payment due upon registration, but is not refundable in the event of withdrawal.
The first semester's tuition and fees, less the $2,000 previously paid, are due on or before registration day. Tuition for each subsequent semester is due on or before the appropriate registration day. Students will not be admitted until their financial obligations have been met. It is extremely important that applicants be committed to meeting their financial responsibilities during their four years of training. This should include tuition, living expenses, books, equipment, and miscellaneous expenses.
It is mandated that each student carry adequate personal medical and hospital insurance. Students may avail themselves of the hospitalization insurance plan obtainable through the university.Upon entering the program, students will purchase all necessary instruments, equipment, and an NSU-specific laptop computer required of all first and second-year predoctoral students.
Incoming IDG Estimated Student Budget 2014 – 15 & 2015-16
|Summer 2015 Academic Year – ’14-‘15||Fall 2015 Academic Year – ’15-‘16||Winter 2016 Academic Year – ’15-‘16||Summer 2016 Academic Year – ’15-‘16|
|$1,175.00||Rates not available at
$828 (last year)
|Rates not available at
this time $1,002 (last year)
|Books||$200.00||$1,011.47 (Vital Source)||$200.00||$200.00|
|Dental Instrument Kit*
Purchased through Henry Schein
- *The instrument kit is a mandatory purchase provided by a third party, Henry Schein. This cost is paid directly to Henry Schein via check, money order, cash or credit card. Henry Schein usually provides payment arrangements to the students.
- ^This budget table displays the minimum expense an incoming IDG student may incur.
- % Fees for room and board, transportation and personal expenses have not been released. Please make an appointment with one of our Financial Aid Counselors to discuss these costs – Mrs. Lillian Ramkissoon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Kimberly Jones (email@example.com)
- @Students may purchase insurance coverage through the university. If a student wishes to waive insurance, proof of a comparable plan must be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incoming IDG students must complete the following terms to successfully graduate May 2018:
- Year 1 – Summer 2015, Fall 2015, Winter 2016
- Year 2 – Summer 2016, Fall 2016, Winter 2017
- Year 3 – Summer 2017, Fall 2017, Winter 2018