The Art of Making A Denture
Saturday, 03/03/18 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, 03/04/18 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Pre-Dental Clinical simulation Series: Course III
The Pre-Dental Clinical Simulation Courses consist of a series of hands-on preclinical exercises and laboratory procedures that provide participants with a better understanding of dental school and the profession. The Series is developed to build on the knowledge gained from previous courses and participants are encouraged to enroll in the course series in a sequential manner.
The Pre-Dental Clinical Simulation Course III will involve construction of dentures involving arrangement of denture teeth on a wax rim, using skills learned in previous courses. Participants will need to concentrate and pay attention to small details such as: the vertical dimension of both arches, complete contact with both upper and lower teeth, and contouring of denture wax-up. The objective of this course is to help achieve fine-motor skills in order to work on dentures. Also, to create an artistic view in setting denture teeth in a timely manner. Participants will use a step-by-step guide that will expose them to dental terminology, dental anatomy and occlusion. Fine motor skills, attention to details, and artistic ability are all attributes demonstrated in this course and in dentistry.
Saturday and Sunday
8:30 a.m... - 9:00 a.m. - Registration
9:00 a.m... - 6:00 p.m. - Presentation (Lunch included)
Mark Hunt Sr., CDT
Mark Hunt Sr., has been an instructor for the Vinmar Solutions Pre-Dental Series at UCLA Dental School and Pre-Dental Societies in Northern and Southern California since 1992. His experience in clinical dentistry techniques of over 35 years at UCLA includes managing the Teaching Laboratories and the Professional Laboratories, Bench Instructor in 101-Tooth Waxing, and assisted in numerous research projects in bio-materials. His passion for mentoring pre-dental students is demonstrated by his involvement in establishing the expansion of the UCLA Undergrad Volunteer Program for pre-dental students, supervising the UCLA Three-Dimensional Dental Teaching Aids Department, and Founder of the UCLA Pre-Dental Club, presently known as the UCLA Pre- Dental Student Outreach Program.
- Hands-on techniques of hot dropping wax patterns and shapes
- The behavior of wax flow and solidification
- A step-by-step procedure of reconstructing a mandibular molar
- Setting upper and lower anterior denture teeth
- Denture festooning technique
- Participants MUST pay a rental fee for the Dental Kit which is paid separately from the course fee.
- Dental Kit fee is $295.
- Rental fee must be paid 7 days prior to course
- Pay by credit card, http://www.vinmarsolutions.com/predentalsocieties.html
- 2 or more participants from the same group/organization are eligible for a 20% course fee discount
- NSU Students receive a 20% course fee discount
- Please note, discount does not apply to Dental Kit Fee
Letter of Recommendation
Mr. Hunt will prepare a letter of recommendation, based on your laboratory performance, for your application to dental school