Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine AAID MaxiCourse®
Friday, 10/11/19 9:00 AM - Sunday, 07/12/20 4:00 PM
Lecture, Lab and Hands-on
Practical Implant Education
This program has been designed to impart the understanding of diagnostic and treatment modalities necessary to properly treat patients who are candidates for dental implant therapy. The 300- hour interdisciplinary approach utilizes case-based learning methodology that will include: lectures, live surgery demonstrations, interactive seminars, hands-on sessions, fresh frozen cadaver surgery including implant placement, soft tissue, and bone grafting, and relevant reviews of literature emphasizing evidence-based clinical practice.
The program satisfies the educational requirement for Associate Fellowship in the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
8:30 am. - 9:00 am. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 am. - 5:00 pm. Presentation (Lunch Included)
Detailed Course Schedule
Jack Piermatti, DMD, FACP, FAAID
Dr. Jack Piermatti is the Director of the Dental Implant Maxicourses at Rutgers University School of Dental Medicine and Nova Southeastern University. He completed a General Practice Residency at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Implantology training at New York University College of Dentistry and Brookdale Hospital, and specialty training in Prosthodontics at New Jersey Dental School. Dr. Piermatti has been a full time clinician in private practice limited to Prosthodontics and Dental Implant Surgery in Voorhees, NJ. He is the Immediate Past-President and Board Examiner, American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry and lectures nationally on the subject of implant surgery and implant prosthodontics.
Thomas J. Balshi, D.D.S., PhD., F.A.C.P.
Dr. Thomas J. Balshi is a Diplomate of The American Board of Prosthodontics and founder of Prosthodontics Intermedica in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania. He is also the director of the Institute For Facial Esthetics. Both his graduate and post-graduate degrees were earned from Temple University School of Dentistry, and he received an Honorary Doctorate of Science degree from Cabrini College. Dr. Balshi received his surgical and prosthetic implant training directly from Professor Per Ingvar Bränemark, Institute For Applied Biotechnology, in Götenborg, Sweden. He is a Charter Member and Fellow of the Academy of Osseointegration, a Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists, a Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Prosthodontists, and a Fellow and Diplomate in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. He is a Member of the International College of Prosthodontists, and the American Dental Association. He was a Founder and President of the Pennsylvania Prosthodontic Association. Dr. Balshi lectures globally and has published numerous scientific articles and videos on the subject of Brånemark implants and immediate function.
- Provide an intensive overview of state-of-the-art in implant dentistry.
- Provide live surgical and prosthetic demonstrations on patients
Soft tissue surgery
- Sub-epithelial connective tissue grafting
- periosteal release for wound closure over extraction and grafted sites
Hard Tissue surgery
- Extraction with grafting for site preservation
- Ridge augmentation
- Bone grafting using allograft and membranes
- Sinus lift – Bone augmentation for site development
Dental Implant Placement
- Implant placement into healed sites
- Extraction with immediate implant placement
- Assess several Implant systems and their application.
- Preparation for the AAID Associate Fellow/Fellow membership examinations.
- Preparation for written portion of the AAID Associate Fellow Membership Examination
3200 South University Drive, Fort Lauderdale Florida 33328
Assembly Building 2 AUD 2-D 2nd Floor
- Using the HPD Parking garage to start, walk down the hallway to the first building immediately at your left. When inside walk down the hallway and make a left at the elevator. Take the elevator to the second floor, make a right then down the hallway to the room labeled AUD II-D. Directional signs will be placed.
Initial Deposit: $1500
Remaining Balance payable in 4 monthly payments due on:
Nov. 15, and Dec. 15, 2019, Jan. 15 & Feb. 15, 2020
AAID Associate Fellowship Link
Tuition Includes 1 year membership with AAID
Any participant wishing to sit for the Associate Fellowship Exam MUST pay for the cost of the exam. Tuition does not cover the cost of the Associate Fellowship Exam.
If you are unable to attend the MaxiCourse after you have registered, you must notify us via telephone, fax, or email no later than 20 days prior to the start date of October 11, 2019 to receive a refund. No refunds for registration fees paid will be made after this date. A $1,000 fee will be charged for all cancelled registration for this program.