Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine (NSU-CDM) uses the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS). AADSAS does not take part in student selection. Applications are available from the American Association of Dental Schools:
American Association of Dental Schools
1625 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, sixth floor
Washington, D.C. 20036-2212
Telephone: (202) 667-1886 or 800-353-2237
Applicants may also obtain their application through www.adea.org. Candidates may choose to either fill out an electronic application or download a paper application.
Materials to be mailed to AADSAS by December 1, 2011, include:
- AADSAS application
- An official transcript from the registrar of each college or university in which the student was enrolled (mailed directly by the college to AADSAS)
- Dental Admission Test (DAT) scores
- Evaluation forms
The applicant should mail the following to:
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services (EPS)
College of Dental Medicine, Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33329-9905
- an evaluation by a preprofessional health adviser or committee from the applicant's undergraduate institution (only if it was not previously sent to AADSAS) If this evaluation cannot be provided, three individual letters of evaluation from undergraduate instructors may be sent to NSU (if they were not previously submitted to AADSAS). Two of these should be from science instructors and the other one from a liberal arts instructor. If possible, these letters should be from faculty who know the applicant's scholastic abilities and personal character; otherwise, they should be from individuals (nonrelatives) who can provide an evaluation to the committee on admissions.
- a letter of evaluation from a dentist (highly recommended, but not required)
- The supplementary application should be submitted electronically. If the applicant is unable to submit the supplementary application electronically, he or she should contact the dental admissions office at (954)262-1101 or 877-640-0218.
The deadline for Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine's supplementary application is December 31, 2012, for the class entering in August 2012.
Upon receipt of the completed application and the required credentials, the committee on admissions will select applicants for interview. Those selected will be notified in writing of the time and place. All applicants who are admitted by the college must be interviewed, but an invitation to appear for an interview should not be construed by the applicant as evidence of acceptance. Notice of acceptance or other action by the committee on admissions will be on a rolling or periodic schedule; therefore, early completion of the application is in the best interest of the student.
A final transcript, documenting all courses taken, must be forwarded to the Office of Admissions prior to matriculation. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If your file will not be complete prior to the deadline, please attach a statement to the NSU-CDM supplemental application for admission explaining what documents will be submitted after the deadline and the reasons for their delay. Decisions to review late applications are at the discretion of the Committee on Admissions.