Saturday, 02/17/18 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, 02/18/18 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Pre-Dental Clinical Simulation Series: Course II
The Pre-Dental Course Series provides participants with hands-on laboratory exercises in clinical dentistry. These hands-on experiences are intended to: refine manual dexterity, gain an understanding of the skills required in the dentistry, have a "head start" on future coursework in dental school, and network with fellow students considering earning a degree in dental medicine.
The PreDental Clinical Simulation Course II, will focus on waxing techniques. In this digital age tooth waxing can be very frustrating in dental school. This course will help beginners to overcome the problem by learning hands-on techniques of hot dropping wax patterns and shapes before replicating a tooth, using the skills learned in the Pre-Dental Clinical Simulation Course I. Participants will use a step-by-step guide that will expose them to dental terminology, dental anatomy and occlusion. Fine motor skills, attention to to details, and artistic ability are all attributes demonstrated in this course and in dentistry.
The Series is developed to build on the knowledge gained from previous courses. These abilities are necessary for precision work. Participants must have completed the Pre-Dental Clinical Simulation Course I.
Saturday and Sunday
8:30 a.m... - 9:00 a.m... - Registration
9:00 a.m... - 6:00 p.m. - Presentation (Lunch included)
Mark Hunt Sr., CDT
Mark Hunt Sr., has been an instructor for the Vinmar Solutions Pre-Dental Series at UCLA Dental School and Pre-Dental Societies in Northern and Southern California since 1992. His experience in clinical dentistry techniques of over 35 years at UCLA includes managing the Teaching Laboratories and the Professional Laboratories, Bench Instructor in 101-Tooth Waxing, and assisted in numerous research projects in bio-materials. His passion for mentoring pre-dental students is demonstrated by his involvement in establishing the expansion of the UCLA Undergrad Volunteer Program for pre-dental students, supervising the UCLA Three-Dimensional Dental Teaching Aids Department, and Founder of the UCLA Pre-Dental Club, presently known as the UCLA Pre- Dental Student Outreach Program.
- Learn the basics of tooth anatomy and occlusal surfaces
- Learn a rapid waxing technique of extensive occlusal rehabilitation of anterior tooth structure
- Identify, explain, drawing exercises and self-test prior final exam
- Utilization of dental hand instruments and waxing techniques
- Correctly name parts of the tooth
- Participants MUST pay a rental fee for the Dental Kit which is paid Seperately from the course fee.
- Dental Kit fee is $295.
- Rental fee must be paid 7 days prior to course
- Pay by credit card, click here
- 2 or more participants from the same group/organization are eligible for a 20% course fee discount
- NSU Students receive a 20% course fee discount
- Please note, discount does not apply to Dental Kit Fee
Letter of Recommendation
Mr. Hunt will prepare a letter of recommendation, based on your laboratory performance and successful completion of hands-on laboratory exercise, for your application to dental school.