Airway Management For Dental Professionals
New Anesthesia Rules Expand Services.
American Heart Association Instructors will provide the necessary training in proper airway management and ventilation for patients experiencing respiratory, ensuring compliance with the newly established Florida Laws.
The basic airway course will educate the dental health care team in basic airway assessment based on patient’s history and physical assessment and review relevant anatomy, physiology, and equipment. The participant will learn the motor skills necessary to initiate basic airway management with regards to relieving obstruction, insertion of airway adjuncts, mask ventilation, and intubation. This course is comprised of both interactive classroom and simulated clinical experience.
Participants must demonstrate competency by passing a post-course evaluation of their airway skills
8:30 am – 9:00 am Registration
9:00 am – 1:00 pm Presentation/Hands-On Experience
Educational Objectives and Benefits:
- Describe basic airway anatomy
- Review basic pulmonary physiology and understand the effects of sedation on respiration
- Review basic airway exam and identify at-risk patients
- Thorough knowledge of monitoring in respiratory surveillance
- Describe emergent situations in sedated situations and how to respond
- Describe indications for utilization of airway equipment
- Review basic techniques of ventilation using simulated experiences
- Review basic techniques of intubation using simulated experiences
Register - Dentist Register - Alumni Register - Faculty
AGD Subject Code: #132